ARE YOU INTERESTED IN WORKING AT M-BC PARKS & RECREATION?
Motivated, hard working, and team players are the types of individuals we look to hire as part of our Parks & Recreation full-time, part-time and seasonal staff. When positions are available, they will be posted here and we invite you to apply by downloading our application.
The application will need to be filled out completely to include what position you are interested in. You can mail, hand-deliver or email (email@example.com) the application to our M-BC Parks & Recreation Administrative Office at the Berkeley 2000 Recreation Center.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Lifeguards (Part-time/full-time seasonal) | Under general supervision of the pool managers and Aquatics Superintendent, the position of Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety of the aquatic facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies and enforcing the safety rules. M-BC Parks & Recreation has two public swimming pool facilities, Lambert Pool and War Memorial Park Pool which is open 7 days a week from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day. There are public swimming hours as well as private pool parties at these facilities in which lifeguards are required. Lifeguards may work at one or both pool facilities, as needed. Hours may vary.
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Valid current American Red Cross Lifeguarding, including CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, First Aid certification or equivalent is required
- Lifeguarding experience preferred, but not required
- Reliable transportation is required
To Apply: Print and complete an application from the About tab on our website (mbcparks-rec.org) under ‘Employment’ and include copies of Lifeguarding and First Aid/CPR certifications. You can mail or hand-deliver your application/resume to our M-BC Parks & Recreation Administrative Office at 273 Woodbury Avenue, Martinsburg, WV 25404 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Day Camp Staff (Part-time/full-time seasonal) | M-BC P&R is seeking driven leaders who desires to make a major impact in the community with our youth to join our team as a Summer Day Camp Counselor at our following locations: W. Randy Smith Center, Inwood, WV and the Berkeley 2000 Recreation Center, Martinsburg, WV. Hours may vary (Monday-Friday). Camp begins June 14 and runs until August 6.
- Assist the day camp director in supervising and leading groups of children, ages 6-13, in camp activities.
- Helping with set-up and clean-up of activities, establishing curriculum, and participation in all activities as well as the overall supervision of campers
- Assist in the planning and preparation of activities, supervision of children, making sure all campers are signed in and out daily, participation in all camp activities; including swimming, sports, games, arts & crafts and field trip activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Direction is received from the Recreation Coordinator of M-BC P&R.
Requirements: Individuals must be 18 years old (that have completed at least one year of college-with the field of study focused on Education or have prior camp counselor experience) or older to be camp counselors. First aid/CPR certifications are preferred and recommended.
To Apply: Print and complete an application from the About tab on our website (mbcparks-rec.org) under ‘Employment’ and include a resume and copies of any First Aid/CPR certifications. You can mail or hand-deliver your application/resume to our M-BC Parks & Recreation Administrative Office at 273 Woodbury Avenue, Martinsburg, WV 25404 or email to email@example.com.
PROGRAM PROPOSAL INFORMATION:
Do you have an idea for a program or event that you think would benefit the citizens of Berkeley County? The Parks and Recreation Department is seeking contract instructors for youth and adult leisure enrichment, fitness, sports and adaptive activities. Please use the link below to access the proposal form to get a conversation started and help us keep Martinsburg-Berkeley County Parks and Recreation growing!
An instructor must possess strong communication, organizational and teaching skills; and demonstrate a desire to develop and promote their program(s).
Programs are selected based on the instructor’s qualifications and experience, availability, need for the program and marketability.