One of the features of Poor House Farm Park is the 5-acre pond that is situated behind the barn. The pond contains bass, trout, bluegill, catfish and sunfish. Before you head out for a day of fishing, please be sure to read the information below regarding rules and regulations of the Poor House Farm Pond:
- A West Virginia fishing license is required
- ALL State regulations are in effect
- Bass are catch and release (immediately) ONLY
- There is no boating, swimming or wading in the pond at any time
- Do not step onto any ice that may form on the pond in the winter
Please note that bodies of water such as this do attract wildlife, such a ducks and geese.
We ask that you please do not feed, tease or bother any of the wildlife you may encounter while visiting Poor House Farm Park.