Barn Rental Options
Barn, Land & Gazebo are included as a package:
- Saturdays in April—October is $1200; Fridays and Sundays are $800
- Saturdays in November, December & March is $800; Fridays & Sundays are $600
- Monday—Thursday in April—October is $600 per day
- Monday—Thursday in November, December & March is $300 per day
- Reservation is for 8:00am-11:00pm
- If alcohol is being served, there is an additional $25 per hour (with a minimum of two hours) for the time in which the alcohol will be dispensed. M-BC Parks & Recreation does not provide or serve the alcohol. Additional information is available by contacting our Administrative Office.
- We do not book the barn by the hour or for half-days.
**Since we are able to provide the barn at our normal capacity, we are no longer be providing refunds on barn reservations and our normal payment and refund policies are in effect. There are regulations in place by our state and local authorities to keep guests as safe as possible in regards to COVID-19, and these guidelines are subject to change and update. Please check this website to see current information as your reservation date gets closer.**
A non-refundable deposit of 50% is due on the date you call or come in-person to reserve the facility. The remaining balance is due 90 days prior to your event. We are unable to book your reservation without payment and a completed Barn Rental Agreement.
If you cancel your reservation 90 day or more in advance of you event, your deposit will be forfeited, but no further obligation is required. If you cancel inside of 90 days prior to your event, the full payment made is forfeited and no refund is available for any reason. You will be refunded for any fees associated with alcohol permits, if applicable. Please contact our Administrative Office for additional details on deposits and final payment procedures and options.
- It is STRONGLY recommended, if at all possible, that you come to our Administrative Office on that first business day of the month in the morning to make your reservation. It is not uncommon for there to be multiple people who arrived a little early to be waiting at our door when we open at 8:30am. We also suggest that you have an alternate date in mind, if you have flexibility, in the event the date you want is already booked. 🗺 Our office is located at Lambert Park, 273 WOODBURY AVENUE IN MARTINSBURG (this IS NOT at the venue location).
- We do assist those in-person customers FIRST who are in line when our office opens. If you are unable to be at our office in person, we suggest that you have someone local come to the Administrative Office on your behalf to make the reservation and deposit.
- If that is not possible, we will answer calls beginning at 8:30am at ☎304-264-4842. Your name and number will be taken and your call will be returned in the order it is received once the waiting customers have been helped. If your desired date is available, you will be able to make your non-refundable 50% deposit over the phone. Your confirmation paperwork will be emailed and must be returned to our staff via email by 5:00pm the day the reservation is made.
Amenities & Information:
- UPDATE 6/19/2020 **IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT, THE CURRENT CAPACITY FOR THE BARN VENUE is 114 PEOPLE (and social distancing must be practiced by those not from the same household). Hand sanitizing stations and face coverings are strongly encouraged. Face coverings are required if social distancing cannot be achieved.
- There are 15 round 60” tables and 6 rectangle 6’ tables. (Only 6 people per table and social distancing must be practiced).
- This is a non-smoking facility. There is a designated area located outside of the Barn with appropriate receptacles for those associated with scheduled event.
- The barn has heat and air-conditioning.
- There is a small side room available for your use as a changing area, to keep food and other items out of sight, etc. There is a refrigerator available in this room and we simply ask that you clean it out at the end of your event. There is also a large three-bay catering sink available. (At this time, traditional buffet style food service is not an option; you can have a buffet with a server or servers who will plate the food for guests wearing gloves and a face covering. Guests may not individually plate their food).
There are bathrooms available in the side room of the barn; one for men and one for women (these are handicapped accessible as well).
- We do not provide table coverings, centerpieces or any decorative accessories.
- Reservations for the barn can be made up to one calendar year in advance.
- Poor House Farm Park is a public park and we cannot close the entire facility for your event. However, we do understand the importance of your event and we will section off your rented area of use to the public to allow for your parking and event needs. The public will have use of all other areas outside of your rented portion to include the pond for fishing and the public restrooms located beside the barn. It is a beautiful setting and we want all who visit to enjoy their time at Poor House Farm Park!
Poor House Farm Park is located just outside of Martinsburg, WV From Interstate 81, take Exit 13—King Street. Go West on Tuscarora Pike for 2.5 miles to Poor House Road. Turn left onto Poor House Road. Continue 1 mile to the Park entrance on the left.