From 1947 to 1987, the War Memorial Park Association maintained, operated and actually owned War Memorial Park. In 1988, the park was deeded to the City of Martinsburg and has since been operated and maintained by the Martinsburg-Berkeley County Parks & Recreation Board. The War Memorial Park Association has remained in place to serve as a “friends of the park” organization to specifically raise funds for capital improvement projects at War Memorial Park. These funds compliment funds from Parks and Recreation operating budget as well as grants received through parks & recreation. Many improvements accomplished over the past 28 years are a direct result of funds from the War Memorial Park Association. The M-BC Parks & Recreation department could not have budgeted enough funds without the War Memorial Park Association assistance to make all the improvements that have been made. This park is one of 18 public parks and it is the nicest and most heavily used facility in our county.
The War Memorial Park Association is a 501(c)3 organization (#55-6001074)