I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parents’ Code of Ethics:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win. I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth – not for adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
Adapted from ”Parents Association for Youth Sports” Code of Ethics Pledge.